Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Numbers are in!!!


04/11/2012

The Numbers are in!
I went to my Doctor Monday before last and had blood drawn and what I am doing is working so well......... judge for yourself

Item
04/04/11
04/02012
A1C
6.9
5.8
Weight
310
189
Cholesterol
165
123
Triglycerides
93
51
HDL
27.4
35

Insulin
5 times a day (sorry don't remember the dosages)
None since July 2011
nor any pills since then
Okay, I am not going to keep anyone is suspense anymore, I will share what I am doing right here today, but first a few preliminary’s.

Most of us truck drivers get no exercise except to walk from the parking lot to the restroom, our life is from the drivers seat to the bunk and back 6 to seven days a week. That has not changed with me. Nothing else in my life has changed, the stresses are the same, (maybe even worse) the work is the same, I still drink tons of coffee, (no soda, don't like the stuff) and smoke 2 to 3 packs of cigarettes a day.

There is one major change besides the diet and that is I have begun to develop a relationship with the God of my youth. I am convinced that without His help all of this change in my body would not have been possible.

Also, the only thing I have changed is my diet and here it is:

Les's Food Plan

Breakfast

½ cup oatmeal cooked with 1 cup water and cinnamon to taste
6 ounces of protein
1 piece of fruit ( apple or orange )

Lunch

2 cups of salad (Italian dressing)
16 oz. Of can green vegetable ( I use either spinach or green beans)
6 oz protein
1 piece of Fruit

Dinner

Same as Lunch


2 Snacks per day are allowed choose between 6 oz of plain yogurt or 3 oz of protein or 1 piece of fruit

For my protein I use primarily chicken and tuna but sometimes use pork or beef . Tuna, for me, seems to stabilize my blood sugar better than any other protein but too much tuna is not good for you so I keep it limited to 1 can a day. The weights are cooked weights.

If you wanted to use other fruits I would use the standard serving for that fruit. No “canned in syrup” fruit

If I use yogurt I use unsweetened plain.

Also, I don't use sweeteners or added salt, all other seasonings are fine. Nor do I use butter margarine or cheese of any kind.

Any questions feel free to e-mail me at shipit007@yahoo.com

There it is folks, plain and simple.

One thing that needs to be mentioned here is that this plan is for men and if you are a woman it has been told to me that you need to knock the protein level down to 4 oz per serving.

My nutritionist who works with my endocrinologist did approve this plan, one further note is if you cannot stick to this plan and make it your lifestyle than there may be one more thing you need to look at but I am not able to discuss it here so please e-mail me privately and we can “talk” about it at shipit007@yahoo.com.

Lastly, you DO need to make up your mind that this is not a diet it is a lifestyle change and your life is in serious jeopardy if you don't do it. The difference between a lifestyle and a diet is this; a diet ends when the goal is reached and “normal eating” resumes, hence the weight and health issues come right back.

Good Luck and God Bless

Les

PS further blogs will discuss how to implement your new lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment